All right, everybody. Tag time!
In fact, this is first of the two tags I have received in this week. This tag was passed to me by No One. Dinky sister, your tag is coming in the next post.
I had stated somewhere in an old tag (this one, to be precise) that some tags give a superb opportunity for being narcissistic. This tag is one of them; it asks to write down 8 peculiar/random things about me. Now before you proceed, let me warn you: my definition of peculiar/random may differ from yours (just like my definition of weird in the aforementioned tag was not weird at all for some readers).
Anyway, so here we go.
- I have never worn a sherwani.
- When I was a child, I used to have a fear of sitting in a movie theater. My parents tell me that I developed this phobia after watching King Kong in the cinema. (They don’t remember which King Kong movie it was.)
- I sometimes think I had a great potential for being ambidextrous, though that potential is almost gone now. I am right-handed, but on the rare occasions when I play cricket, I bat left-handed while bowl with my right hand. Also, in my ayyam-e-javani when I used to practise sanshou, my left side kick was always stronger than my right one. One could argue that that was because I could balance my body on my right leg better than I could do on my left leg. Still, being able to use both hands and legs with equal efficiency would have been quite fun.
- I had once memorised the whole screenplay of A Few Good Men. I still remember my most favourite parts.
- I have been using the same mobile phone for the last 3 years. No, I don’t have any emotional affiliation with it.
- I feel uncomfortable to sleep in pitch black darkness.
- I haven’t driven a motorbike since we moved to Islamabad in 2004, and I miss it. The only time in these four years when I drove a motorbike was last year when a classfellow was feeling too sick to drive his Honda CD 70.
- Excluding Pagalon Ki Anjuman and Laash Gaati Rahi, I have read and currently own all novels in Ibn-e-Safi‘s Imran Series. (The Wikipedia articles I have linked to need some serious editing, but I thought to link to them anyway.)
Feel free to tag yourselves. (Yes, I know, it’s pretty mean to be narcissistic and then not explicitly give any of you a chance for it. But tagging others have always been a hard part for me. Also, there’s another tag post coming up shortly — which has a much better potential for narcissism — so you might want to tag yourself with that one if not with this one.)